Friday, April 5, 2013

Addictions

Before I start, are you the kind of person who gets addicted to things? And by things I mean anything, not just drugs or smoking or something. Do you get addicted to television, music, videogames, et cetera?

I'm the kind of person who easily gets addicted to things. Once I began watching Supernatural, for example, I didn't want to stop watching it. When I started reading The Dresden Files, I couldn't put the books down. Last year when I listened to Coldplay again, I didn't want to press pause for anything.

Well, things come and things go. I've caught up with Supernatural, I've got too much other things to continue reading The Dresden Files as religiously, and Coldplay is now just a pastime. But that doesn't mean I'm not addicted to them still, or can't get addicted to anything new.

My friend Julia introduced me to Imagine Dragons.

Now, before I give all the credit to Julia, I have to admit that I found the song "It's Time" to be rather good and I had a bit of interest in Imagine Dragons but not enough interest to follow through and listen. But last Saturday she introduced me to the rest of Imagine Dragons and I found the songs so much of an earworm that I downloaded Night Visions and PLOP! Imagine Dragons is my new Coldplay. In fact, as I type this, I'm listening to Night Visions right now. First it was "Tiptoe" and now I'm listening to "Amsterdam." Both of those are two of my favorites.

I think that I find Imagine Dragons so intriguing to me because the sounds are pretty similar to other bands I like. "Hear Me", for example, sounds similar to The Killers, and I like several of The Killers' songs. Some of the songs have a similar sound to Muse as well, not quite the same but a similar feeling to the phrases and stuff. There's even some parts that sound a bit like Coldplay. In my opinion.

I love music, and when I find good earworms I latch on and listen the crap out of the music. I listen to my music so much that my family gets tired of how much I listen to my music! And while I do love my other addictions, I'm currently addicted to Imagine Dragons, and loving it. :)

2 comments: